Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Is It Right for Judges to Lobby?

"By charging me in court, I will have the opportunity to explain many things that the judges did, including lobbying.

I hope the investigation will not end with no case. In that case, I will have no opportunity to explain what had happened.

I want to tell about the judges who had come to me to lobby. ..."

- Dr Mahathir Mohamad -

That says a lot about our judiciary, although I'm confident that there are many among them who walk the right path as expected of them being officers of the Court. The public, of course, will be looking forward to know who are the judges who'd lobbied to Dr M when he was our PM.

Meanwhile, arising from the findings and recommendations of the Royal Commission of Inquiry on the VK Lingam video clips, there are calls for a review of the court cases heard by the two former Chief Justices who were named in the conspiracy to manipulate the appointment of judges. Aggrieved parties who feel there were biasness in the decisions handed down by the court can file for a judicial review to reopen old cases.


No comments: